Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sushi Success!! and rethinking the reason for this blog.

After talking about this blog with Mom and Dad and re-reading some of it, I got pretty embarrassed about how pissy most of it sounded. Not that I don't ever get pissy, but I'm not a teenager anymore, and I feel like it's no longer couth of me to share all of my angst with the whole world. 1. that's what my journal is for 2. it's not really nice or productive of me to put all of my bitchy little thoughts out there for the whole world to see. Sure, it's a little embarrassing, but mostly I'd feel bad if someone read it and felt bad. I don't want to hurt anybody, and I don't think everybody on earth needs to read all about my boring personal feelings. Like I said, I already write those down in my journal for my own review - nobody else needs to see THAT.

So anyway, here's the new sanitized version of my blog. Less gratuitous swearing and complaining, more food!

Sushi rolls on Friday were a success, and very exciting. Laura and I were practically jumping up and down about how easy it was and how enjoyable. It's like a meal and a craft project rolled into one! We then made some Campbell rolls (smoked salmon, cream cheese, and asparagus) on Sunday night. They were pretty dang good, but I think we're sushi-ed out for awhile. Until next month, anyhow; we'd like to make it a regular thing.

The baked oatmeal got thrown out. I was using thick-rolled oats (which is all I had in the house) and the whole top inch didn't get cooked very well - basically tasted like raw oats w/ cinnamon. The recipe seemed ok though, not too sweet. Maybe I'll try it again this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Darcey Blue said...

baked oats ARE good, i just partially cook them before i bake them.
:)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Darcey Blue said...

baked oats ARE good, i just partially cook them before i bake them.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home