Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tuna Sandwiches w/o Mayo

Being that it's spring, and that I'm trying to cut down on gratuitous fat - that is, fat that is not part of an amazing cheese or absolutely necessary to a dish - I was happy to find this recipe in Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything". I actually added some fat to it, because the tuna seemed a bit dry to me. But it was certainly less that I would have used if I had made my traditional (very mayo heavy) tuna salad sandwich. This also has a Mexican flavor, which I like.

Tuna W/O Mayo

Tuna Salad
2 6 oz. cans albacore tuna in water (you can use regular tuna, but it won't be near as good)
3 scallions, minced
1/2 c. minced cilantro leaves
hot sauce to taste
salt and pepper
a BIT (1 T.?) of olive oil

Etc.
lettuce
tomato
other sandwich fillings

Mix the salad ingredients together. Make sandwiches, or use wheat tortillas to make wraps.

This is really tasty, especially if you like tuna (which I do), and quite light.

VERDICT: THIS RECIPE WORKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home